The Business Development and Investment Promotion Department is responsible for:
- Proposing policies to promote business development, encouraging local investment and attracting foreign investment.
- Identifying and raising awareness of investment opportunities, including partnerships between the public and private sectors.
- Studying the diversification of national income and supporting sustainable development in domestic and foreign trade relations.
- Developing and implementing export promotion and trade programmes that enhance Qatar's competitiveness in foreign markets.
- Creating a one-stop-shop for government services supporting investment and enhancing the business environment.
- Developing a public services database for the business sector and the private and public sectors partnership.
- Issuing guidelines for the business and investment sectors in the State of Qatar.
- Collecting and analysing market data to promote the competitiveness of Qatari goods and services.
- Coordinating and cooperating with international institutions and export development agencies.